Health and Safety Measures During COVID
We must all adhere to the following rules to ensure everyone’s safety.
1. We strongly encourage all athletes and families to get fully vaccinated and boostered. Please submit a picture of your card to the coaches.
2. We will all wear masks, except when in the boat or exercising on land. If you do not have a mask, we will need to send you home. Please bring an extra mask with you in case yours breaks.
3. If you are sick in any way, please stay home and get tested for COVID. If an athlete seems sick to us, we will need to send her home. Please send a picture of your test result to the coaches. If you test positive, please see #4. If you test negative, please stay home until your symptoms are gone.
4. If you test positive for COVID, please stay home (from school, practice and everywhere else) for 5 days from the date of your positive test or your first day of symptoms if that is later. If you have symptoms after 5 days, you will need to stay home for two days beyond the day your symptoms are gone. You do not need a negative test to return to practice. You just need to complete your 5 day isolation and be symptom free for 2 days.
5. If you have been exposed to someone who has COVID and you are not boostered, you will need to assume you are positive and follow the rules in #4. Exposure is defined by the CDC as within six feet of an infected person for a total of 15 minutes or more when both people are unmasked, starting two days before the onset of their illness or the identification of their positive test. If you are exposed and want to test, you should wait at least 5 days after your exposure to test. We do not require testing for an exposure – just the 5 day quarantine.
6. If you have been exposed to someone who has COVID and you are boostered, you do not need to stay home but should wear a mask everywhere for 10 days.
7. By attending practice, you are accepting the risk of COVID exposure. While we are taking measures to create a safe environment, it is not possible to remove all risk.